Love4Love Ministry   -  One drop of Christ's love will go a long way
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

PRIDE
ARE WE WILLING TO DIE TO LIVE?
What is God's definition of A Godly Woman
Death has no sting for a true Christian
Beyond our imagination

Categories

Bible study
Daily Discussions
Devotionals
Every day life
God's poems
Interviews
Stories
Traditions
Wisdom from the Heart
powered by

My Blog

Dear Editor

I found myself struggling to respond to the editorial "Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus,"  on Fridays December 24th edition of the Newnan Times Herald.  As you can see my confidence from Christ helped me with my struggles by guiding me to write for the right reasons.
   I too was an eight year old little girl devastated by finding out there was no Santa Claus.  When I had my own daughter and raised her into believing in Santa Claus she too was devastated by finding out there was no Santa Claus.
   I began to ask myself, what are we doing?  Do we have to create fantasy to bring giving and goodness into the world?  Way was Santa Claus invented and why do we still have him?  I began to do some research.  I know he was a Saint so I started there. Like most Saints, he gave his life to Christ.  I found out he is adored as the patron saint of several classes of people. The sailors on ships worshiped his guidance in Rome.  There is a legend with three poor children he helped by giving money and gifts to save their lives.  He is said to have helped prisoners and captives.  Many miracles of intervention by him have been recorded.  The  popularity of Saint Nicholas is found in Russia, Saint Andrew the Apostle and Saint Nicholas both are patrons of the Nation of Russia.  Saint Nicholas is also for Greece, Apulia, Sicily and Lorraine.
   The Secular world, that's right, I said, the secular world, created Santa Claus.  The meaning of secularism means exclusion of religion. Secular means not sacred.  Here we are suppose to be a "God First" country and we all bought in to the idea we had to create goodness in a man in a red suit to represent goodness and the power of giving.   Don't get up set, I was one of those who bought into it too!  Not only did I buy into it by lying to my children I bought into it spending money that I didn't have!! You know how our Government loves for us to spend money.  I believe that is why Americans created Santa Claus is because it gave us a reason to spend money.
   With all of this said, it bothered me more and more about the article you ran from the September 21, 1987 editorial of the New York Sun. "Yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus".
You said the editorial was the most reprinted editorial.  This amazed me; I started asking myself questions I had never asked myself before.  I know now Christ was making me ask myself these questions, that is what He does when He gets to be the most loving in your life.  Is Christ not enough?  What Christ did for us, His life, His death and His Resurrection; is He not enough reason alone for us to celebrate His birthday? We say He is the reason.  We put signs in our yards say He is the reason for the season.  Then we have rain deer and a sleigh lit up right be side Him! Some people say we can have both. Ask yourself; we can have a lie and the truth.  What do they have in common?  Does Christ inspire; give and show devotion, love, generosity and faith the only way we can truly receive it?  It is true, like the 1987 article states, the most real things in the world are things man cannot see, but Santa Claus my dear friends, is not one of them!  The Santa Claus the secular world has created is based on fantasy, a lie we tell our children.  A tradition that has been created by men; not by God.  The birth of Jesus is something that can cause us to have rebirth in our selves through the giving and love from Christ not from Santa Claus.  Santa Claus is based on a lie we tell our children to create something we have already been given through Jesus Christ.  The truth we keep getting away from as a nation.  It is faith, hope and love we get from Christ not from anyone else, He is the light to a new way of living and the truth.  He is the only one that can teach us how to truly have faith, hope and love one another.
   In the 1987 article a veil was mentioned. It said we have put a veil over our hearts and minds. This is so true, our hearts have been clouded and hardened.  They have become less receptive of what is true.  Our minds have been directed elsewhere.  We have cultured our minds so much we can't receive the truth anymore.  The veil cannot be lifted by fantasy and poetry like the article suggest, these are things man creates.  God is the main creator of all that is beautiful.  He can create beautiful things through us that represent good.  The secular world created something that is not real; we do not need Santa Claus for our children to be good.  We need to raise our childn in knowing Christ the Son of God and the Holy Spirit; these are real!! They have been here since time began, in the past, present and the future.  We need to teach our Children Jesus Christ gives children a pure heart and pure joy.  With Christ in your life he will continue to give your heart pure joy through adult hood even through death.  His joy will grow within you as you get older, He will never leave you no matter how old you are or what cirucmstance you are in.  Not only was He a real person, He is still real within you. This is the truth, as as a town, country and world we are getting away from.  Push back the viel for your self and ask him to reveal Himself to you, experience ther true joy of a child yourself, now and forever though Jesus Christ!
   You are the media;you have the power to change the minds of our town, country and world.  Help God by making our minds more receptive to Him and His traditions and not traditions the world creates. Do you ask yourself,"How can I help God?" or "How can God use me today for His purpose?" "What does God have planned for me today?" Get out of the Media rut.  Stop printing what people think they need, print what they need to think.
   Please let me know what you think about this editorial that was sent to a newspaper, of course they did not print it. I have changed how I see Christmas in my house and we have learned through Christ what Christmas really means.  Want you try to help me help others see the truth through the eyes of Christ.  If you would like a copy of the article "Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus please contact me on my contact page and let me know.
Many prayers,
Vicki Gann

19 Comments to Dear Editor:

Comments RSS
Santa on Sunday, October 16, 2011 6:08 PM
"DEAR EDITOR: I am 8 years old. "Some of my little friends say there is no Santa Claus. "Papa says, 'If you see it in THE SUN it's so.' "Please tell me the truth; is there a Santa Claus? "VIRGINIA O'HANLON. "115 WEST NINETY-FIFTH STREET." VIRGINIA, your little friends are wrong. They have been affected by the skepticism of a skeptical age. They do not believe except [what] they see. They think that nothing can be which is not comprehensible by their little minds. All minds, Virginia, whether they be men's or children's, are little. In this great universe of ours man is a mere insect, an ant, in his intellect, as compared with the boundless world about him, as measured by the intelligence capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge. Yes, VIRGINIA, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Santa Claus. It would be as dreary as if there were no VIRGINIAS. There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished. Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies! You might get your papa to hire men to watch in all the chimneys on Christmas Eve to catch Santa Claus, but even if they did not see Santa Claus coming down, what would that prove? Nobody sees Santa Claus, but that is no sign that there is no Santa Claus. The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor men can see. Did you ever see fairies dancing on the lawn? Of course not, but that's no proof that they are not there. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world. You may tear apart the baby's rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived, could tear apart. Only faith, fancy, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, VIRGINIA, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding. No Santa Claus! Thank God! he lives, and he lives forever. A thousand years from now, Virginia, nay, ten times ten thousand years from now, he will continue to make glad the heart of childhood.

Vicki Gann on Friday, October 21, 2011 10:25 AM
I know it is hard for most to understand Jesus and why He came to earth. Your imagination has to be wide and strong to believe all that he stands for and represents, and that is God. God is our creator of true knowledge that enables our imagination to sore where most of us dare to go. My knowledge is not based on lies or something the secular world creates. God created my imagination to sore where ever He leads it.It has no boundaries on true joy, love, kindness and all the good in the world. My world goes beyond any human reasoning or knowledge but it is based on truth given to me by my Lord and Savior. I do not live or think in a worldly way I live and think in a divine spiritual way. If you do not understand this, which I didn't for many years you will not understand what I am talking about. Read your Bible and let Jesus open your true heart and your true mind and you will begin your true life of real understanding. Thank you so much for your comment I realize more people think like you, that is the reason for my blog. My understanding does not come from anything I know it comes from the Spirit of God through Jesus. 1 John 5 v 20 says: We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. How He has changed my life is proof of how powerful God is. Try learning from Him. Check out my devotional Blogs they may open up your heart and mind where it hasn't been opened before. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us.

cross bracelet on Sunday, April 14, 2013 2:05 PM
I enjoy what you guys are usually up too. This type of clever work and coverage! Keep up the terrific works guys I've added you guys to my blogroll.

Vicki Gann on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:05 PM
cross bracelet thanks for your interest in our blog at love4love Ministry web-site. I have been away doing a daily devotional on Face book under my personal wall Vicki Gann and love4love ministry wall. Just letting you know there is something else you can read and comment on. I am starting to do a daily discussion series on different ways people go their own way that has become "the normal". One of my great desires is to have people comment and share what they know and don't know about God. Thank you again for your interest. Many prayers, Vicki Gann

china tour package on Friday, May 17, 2013 12:53 AM
Admiring the hard work you put into your website and in depth information you offer. It's great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same out of date rehashed material. Great read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.

china vacation packages on Friday, May 17, 2013 5:18 AM
Just desire to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity in your post is simply excellent and i could assume you are an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the gratifying work.

tibet travel information on Saturday, May 18, 2013 9:45 PM
Hi, Neat post. There is a problem with your web site in internet explorer, would check this?IE still is the market leader and a large portion of people will miss your wonderful writing because of this problem.

wo110756 on Wednesday, October 09, 2013 3:21 AM
High end Swarovski crystal jewelry is not inexpensive however,taking pictures iswarovskishop.com but it is a good investment and much less costly than other types of gems and diamonds. The metal base of the jewelry design can be gold or silver, or often in bracelets and necklaces clear plastic string is used so that only the crystals are visible against the skin. Beaded Swarovski jewelry is popular all over the world as are the many lines of pendants, rings and even brooches sold internationally.

wo110756 on Wednesday, October 09, 2013 3:22 AM
High%20end%20Swarovski%20crystal%20jewelry%20is%20not%20inexpensive%20however%2C%3Ca%20href%3D%22http%3A%2F%2Fiswarovskishop.com%2Fgoods-408-Swarovski-Cross-Charm-973779-with-Rhodium-plated.html%22%3Etaking%20pictures%20iswarovskishop.com%3C%2Fa%3E%20but%20it%20is%20a%20good%20investment%20and%20much%20less%20costly%20than%20other%20types%20of%20gems%20and%20diamonds.%20The%20metal%20base%20of%20the%20jewelry%20design%20can%20be%20gold%20or%20silver%2C%20or%20often%20in%20bracelets%20and%20necklaces%20clear%20plastic%20string%20is%20used%20so%20that%20only%20the%20crystals%20are%20visible%20against%20the%20skin.%20Beaded%20Swarovski%20jewelry%20is%20popular%20all%20over%20the%20world%20as%20are%20the%20many%20lines%20of%20pendants%2C%20rings%20and%20even%20brooches%20sold%20internationally.%0A

pisanie prac magisterskich i licencjackich on Friday, November 08, 2013 2:39 AM
Here it is actually truly worth noticing likewise some other and consequently, namely the particular somewhat easy fold oil radiators We want to takeinto mind that while you select some sort of cooking area for start living space inside living room

jak wygrańá w lotto on Friday, November 08, 2013 11:24 PM
better and many more steeply-priced, and buy a outstanding carpet So often once the baby people get to sleep for just a limited nap

Incity.com.pl - deweloperzy on Saturday, November 09, 2013 10:23 AM
residents in just about every solution and also this is surely a really difficult challenge Another essential aspect could be the entire kitchen's counters

noni on Thursday, November 14, 2013 10:55 AM
Arrangement with the cooking area really should thus get thought out in several ways Also, family members probably will once coming into your property to stay a nice, smart room versus filled and even darker inside

myassignmenthelp.com r on Sunday, August 12, 2018 3:36 AM
sdgfsdg

myassignmenthelp.com on Sunday, August 12, 2018 3:37 AM
sdgdsd

my assignment help on Sunday, August 12, 2018 3:37 AM
safsfs

Sada on Tuesday, December 18, 2018 3:29 AM
This is interesting! I enjoyed reading your great post barbie games for makeup

free mp3 finder on Wednesday, January 09, 2019 12:04 AM
Nice blog. Fantastic! I love this much

AD01 exam dumps on Monday, July 15, 2019 5:09 AM
Ace4sure is the website that deals in preparation material for the exam for many years. According to my exposure and research, this is the right platform where you can get exact exam dumps.